Old November 5th 09, 01:14 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Default Small Time Terrorists destroy Parisian Utopian Bike Program

Per Tim McNamara:
We have become a nation in which stupidity
is held up as a virtue and enforced ignorance is seen as good policy.

I wouldn't sign on to language that extreme, but I think you have
hit on a major reason why the USA is on the long downslide: an
even-more-than-usually ignorant and non-critical electorate.

It's easy to blame politicians, but they're just doing what
politicians do: try to get elected and re-elected. It's the
electorate's sanctioning of the politicians - of whichever party
- that is the root cause.
--
PeteCresswell