Old May 15th 19, 02:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Hills and Flats

On Monday, May 13, 2019 at 5:33:14 PM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:
Do you suppose climbing hills can put you into the same physical shape as riding fast on the flats?

A rugby coach I trained under, Dr Danie Craven, used to run us up the steep hill behind our home field. He was a very successful coach.

Direct answer to your question: I don't see how you can maintain the same output on the flat as on hills unless you have butterfly cadence or gearing that would be a pain in the hills.

Andre Jute
What I love best is downhills