Old April 13th 11, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

Default Motorists really should be tested on their knowledge of the highwaycode

On 13/04/2011 18:45, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 13/04/2011 10:14, Peter Keller wrote:
On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 07:49:40 +0100, Mrcheerful wrote:

Going onto a motorway rquires special skills and equipment, rather like
going into a mine or any other dangerous area. Cyclists are unequipped
mentally and physically to go onto motorways.

And also not allowed to.

I do believe that Doug should be allowed to use his e-bike on the M25, as
long as he keeps to the slow lane.

OTOH, I would only agree to that if he were mandated to get into the outside
overtaking lane asap and stay there until 100 yards from his exit slip road.