Old June 29th 20, 05:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Government Bicycle Program News

On 6/28/2020 7:48 PM, wrote:

snip

I am positive in the USA you cannot buy a bicycle helmet for that cheap. Wal-Mart, who I assume sells bike helmets, could not make enough profit on a helmet to sell it that cheap. It would not be worth the bother of selling. I'd guess $9.99 is the cheapest for helmets in the USA. Still worth wearing a helmet even at that outrageously high price.

I've seen closeouts of CPSC approved helmets for as low as $2, but
normally helmets for kids start at around $10 with $15-20 being more common.

There are many different organizations, both public and private, that
provide free helmets for children. The bottom line is that the lack of
$15 to buy a helmet is not going to keep a kid from acquiring a helmet
if they really want to ride a bicycle.