Old December 15th 19, 03:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

Default Frank Berto RIP

On Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 2:57:02 PM UTC-8, Tim McNamara wrote:
On Sat, 14 Dec 2019 16:40:08 -0600, AMuzi wrote:
On 12/14/2019 1:43 PM, Tim McNamara wrote:
Maybe this has already been discussed and I missed it. Frank Berto
passed away about a week ago, per Jan Heine's blog. I remember
reading his stuff 40 years ago, always very informative.

Sad to hear that. I was unable to find an obit.

I couldn't find one either. He was apparently 90 years old from what
did pop up on the interwebs. I enjoyed "The Dancing Chain" very much,
quite a labor of obsessiveness and detail. Berto was pretty good at
poking a few holes in the nonsense that pervades cycling (well, nonsense
is pretty universal and these days is getting universaller).

We need more minds that can write books about bicycling.