Old February 29th 20, 12:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Luns Tee[_5_]

Default Compressionless brake housing?

On Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 10:09:38 AM UTC-8, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Wednesday, February 26, 2020 at 5:35:47 PM UTC-8, Ralph Barone wrote:
I’ve used a diamond cutoff wheel in a Dremel with pretty good results. You
just need to jam something through the inner liner after you cut and before
the plastic cools to ensure it doesn’t deform too much.

That's what they make toothpicks for.

I usually just poke the inner cable through from the other end of the housing. This way, any excess material gets ejected instead of potentially being jammed into the housing. Plus, I don't need to go look for a toothpick.

-Luns