Old July 11th 20, 01:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Weight of tamdem versus two solo bikes

On 7/10/2020 7:18 PM, Ralph Barone wrote:
AMuzi wrote:
On 7/10/2020 5:54 PM, Rolf Mantel wrote:
Am 10.07.2020 um 23:00 schrieb bob prohaska:
A question posed to the New Scientist's 4 July issue posits
that multi-seat bikes have a total weight advantage over
solo bikes (per seat), asking at what seat count the weight
advantage per seat fades away.

Initially, I thought the premise of the question mistaken,
but now I'm curious: Is it true that a modern tandem weighs
less than two solo bikes of the same total carrying capacity?

Let me put a goalpost he
https://onlinebicyclemuseum.co.uk/19...er-swb-tandem/

The Claude-Butler USWB I used to ride is advertised as 45
lbs including mudguards (mine was from the 1950's with IIRC
three-speed deraillieur gears, not the original 1938 single
speed).

A thing of beauty indeed, thank you.

A modern triplet he
http://sandsmachine.com/a_san_t5.htm

Wow! 12 S and S couplers at, what, $300 a piece. That’s gotta be a pricey
bike.

That's true but open air freight rates on a triplet for one
European vacation is about the same price.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/