Old November 14th 09, 02:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Dr. Thompson I presume

MagillaGorilla wrote:
William Asher wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:

If somebody brake-checks you on the highway for tailgating...do you
call 911 and scream into the phone, "Please help me...somebody just
tried to assault me with a deadly weapon...hurry, come quick."

Not if there's no collision.

So the "assault with a deadly weapon" is valid only if the person traveling
behind the car that does the brake-checking is a spaz and can't stop in time?
Interesting.

Can you prove he is a spaz? Please cite other crashes where he has rear
ended a car.

But if it really irritates you that people
talk on the cell phone, so you drive around looking for people on the cell
phone to teach them a lesson by cutting in front of them and stopping short
for no reason, and you cause a collision where someone gets hurt, and then
you brag about what you were doing to the responding police officer and how
you had done it several time before with no accident, you might have reason
to expect to be charged with felony assault with a motor vehicle.

The doctor no doubt engaged in reckless driving. But he didn't assault them
with a deadly weapon. In order for me to buy that was his actual intent, he
would have just run them over from behind, no? Why drive ahead of them and
hit your brakes..especially given that the other times you did it resulted in