Old June 2nd 07, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Maurice W

Default slipping chain at same spot (and only that spot)

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007 20:37:00 +0100, Simon Brooke
wrote:

What gear are you in at the back at the time? Some setups are a little
intolerant to shifting onto the big ring when already on a small cog at
the back. The answer, of course, is a trimmable front shifter, but on many
Shimano groupsets this isn't available.

I'm generally in 5th out of 8, and it's a sweet change the rest of the
time, so I reckon it must be a bump or such in the road, as the other
poster suggested. I'll not change gear next time I'm there,and keep my
eyes peeled, and ******** primed to spot any bumps...