Old March 3rd 16, 01:11 AM posted to aus.cars,aus.bicycle
Jeßus[_6_]

Default NSW bike laws....

On Thu, 3 Mar 2016 08:16:20 +1100, Noddy
wrote:

On 03/03/16 7:45 AM, Je?us wrote:

I saw a video some time ago now of a bloke riding around on a bike with
a helmet cam who was criticising every car that went past for being "too
close". It's hard to tell exactly how close the cars were when passing
him because of the somewhat fish-eyed perspective of the camera lens,
but from what I could see none of them ever looked like hitting him but
he would be effing and blinding at every car seemingly just because it
was there.

I've seen one like that too. A rider in London, IIRC.

Anyway one little car went past and he decided he'd had enough and gave
chase. Up the road a ways the car stopped at a light and the idiot bike
rider went around to the driver's side and banged on the window to give
the driver a mouthful. As he did he knocked the bloke's mirror with his
handlebars and bent it back on it's pivot. The bloke in the car, who
could clearly handle himself, opened the door, got straight out and
drove this ****ing idiot on the bike into the ground like a ****ing tent
peg

Awesome

I remember laughing and thinking "well, you know what mate? You got
exactly what you deserved for being a ****ing idiot".

Yep.

That's what it seems like, even if getting run over seems to be the
ultimate pyrrhic victory.

That seems to be all it's about. Yet to hear of any other reason from
these riders.

Yeah, I'm ****ed if I know. I can't work it out. I haven't ridden a
pushbike since I was a kid waiting to get my driver's licence, but when
I did I made sure I kept *right* out of the way of faster moving larger
traffic.

I was thinking the same about when I rode a push bike as a kid. We
used to ride for *miles* each day and rarely had an issue. We used to
give way to both vehicles and pedestrians and it wasn't a problem?

I mean, you're the weakest link in the road food chain and by a *very*
long way. Arguing the legality point when you're out there dodging cars
seems like a really ridiculous idea.

Rider's 'rights' is immaterial as far as I am concerned when it comes
to these issues. Common sense says to let vehicles and pedestrians
have right of way in 99% of situations.