Old November 6th 10, 07:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default Car rage

Doug wrote:
On Nov 5, 6:23 pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
someone posted this on UK legal. I reckon that the woman was not a
pure cyclist (she had stopped at lights after all) This act enraged
another cyclist who rammed her with his bike to teach her a lesson.
Police are appealing for witnesses. I bet that a stake out of that
area at the same sort of time of day would soon find the thuglist.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news/...knocked-bike-c...

Yes this is similar to the many deliberate tailgating collisions which
motorists inflict on each other, except that they cannot 'fall off'
though the lack of a helmet might put them at risk. Oh wait! Don't
motorists suffer neck injuries instead as their heads bounce off the
headrests into that inflatable balloon thingy while the body is
restrained by a so-called 'safety belt'?

Of course, when a cyclist is hit by a speeding car it is much more
serious and I doubt that even a helmet would save them.

airbags do not (should not) operate if the car is hit from behind.

The case in question was a cyclist using his bicycle as a weapon to strike
at another cyclist.