Old June 6th 19, 06:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Protecting yourself

On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 08:00:39 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

What is the driver is using a voice to text program whilst driving?
Cheers

Good question. In theory, he's doing only 2 things at once (driving
and talking). However, he has to control the message on the phone,
which means finger poking the screen of the smartphone to select
"send" or verify that speech-to-text didn't garble the message. So,
while he's talking, he's probably ok. But reading the incoming
message and using text to speech to reply is not because he's
distracted by the screen. It's much the same with 2way radio. There
are plenty of controls that might be distracting, but mostly they're
not used while driving. Worst case would be changing channel, which
is usually a simple dial.

Again, there are plenty of holes, exceptions, logic issues, and
problems with my scheme. However, I think it's better than doing
nothing about the problem, which is the current situation.

Do something, even if it's wrong. (from a former employer).

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D