Old April 8th 20, 08:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default "Confusion reigns as states reverse course on 'essential' status for bike shops"

On 4/8/2020 1:05 PM, sms wrote:
On 4/8/2020 10:51 AM, jbeattie wrote:

Presidents touting an untried drug leads to: (1) people
killing themselves with fish medicine or knock-off drugs
sold on the internet, (2) hoarding, (3) inflated
expectations of miracle cures, and (4) distraction from
proven therapies. You don't just throw **** out to make a
media splash.

People have already died as a result of Trump touting these
unproven drugs. But of course the number that have died by
taking these drugs is much smaller than the number that have
died due to federal government's horribly botched response
to Covid-19.

While I don't personally know any people clueless enough to
believe anything Trump says, there are apparently such
people in the world, including one on r.b.t.

'People have died ' is wrong- it was a murder. She poisoned
her husband (and had a prior attempt to boot).

Do people freak out and do stupid things after any news
report? Absolutely!! Remember the run on Ciproflaxacin
during/sfter the anthrax attacks? People are crazy at best
on a good day(see TP) which doesn't mean that a reasonable
person will self-medicate based on a side comment by DJT or
anyone else.

in re crazy- in 1969 I actually tried morning glory seeds
based on a popular rumor at the time. Like most such things
including hydrochloroquine there is a shadow of truth to it.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/