Old May 3rd 08, 06:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Chalo

Default Wal-Mart Italian Road Bike for $1198

Cathy Kearns wrote:

However, the guys and girls on my rides all have 700c tires. When someone
has an extremely bad day, and goes through their stash of tubes, the others
can loan them tires. If I have an extremely bad day I'm getting a ride
home. (But with the cute little wheels the bike will fit in any car.) My
husband and I needed two different stashes of tubes at home. I have 650c
wheels, and I can tell you, you don't want 650c wheels.

My wife and I often ride together, her on her bike with 700x28 tires
on 20mm wide rims, and me on my bike with 700x60 tires and 38mm wide
rims. We have to have different sized tubes with us. I might be able
to swipe one of her tubes if I were riding one of my 700x40 equipped
single-speeds, but she would have some difficulty using one of mine.

That little detail is not enough to make me want to use the same size
tire as she does.

Chalo