Old August 7th 09, 11:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike A Schwab

Default Just what does a 60% chance of rain mean?

On Aug 5, 7:36*am, dgk wrote:
Does it mean that somewhere within 100 miles of me there is a 60%
chance of rain falling, or does it mean that there is a 60% chance
that I'm going to get rained on (assumimg that I'm outside)?

I'm not a big fan of biking in the rain, although being around 90F
today I sort of am looking forward to it.

It means that the forecast location has a 60% chance of getting a
trace of precipitation during the forecast period. Above 55F or so,
getting wet from no salt rain is preferable than sweating from rain
gear.