Old February 8th 16, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_5_]

Default Brutal driver walks

On Monday, February 8, 2016 at 8:58:30 AM UTC, Peter Parry wrote:
On Sat, 6 Feb 2016 23:55:31 -0800 (PST), Tom Crispin
wrote:

What is not acceptable in a moral society, that someone can drive a motor vehicle at an innocent third party, injure them,
then drive away with impunity, knowing that when questioned by the police they can say, "I don't know who was driving".

A variant of that occurred in a case I have mentioned before when a
pedestrian on a canal path was kicked to the ground by one of a pack
of cyclists out "training". A number of witnesses saw the event but
couldn't tell which of the group of riders, all in identical Lycra,
kicked the lady to the ground. All of the riders out that day simply
denied having seen anything happen despite many cycling around her.
The result, as in this case, was that no prosecution for assault was
possible.

In that case, all should be charged with perverting the course of justice, and face a punishment similar to that which their "friend" committed.

By the way, the collective noun for cyclists is "peloton" not "pack".