Old May 4th 19, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

Default Dubious Hack: Wrapping the Chain In Teflon Tape To Prevent DustBuild Up

On Friday, May 3, 2019 at 1:12:09 PM UTC-7, Bret Cahill wrote:
Wrapping a valve cover gasket with plumbers tape managed to stop an impossible to stop oil leak.

The worst thing that can happen with the chain is the tape will come off and I'll have wasted 15 minutes and 50 cents.

I'll report back with the results, maybe even with photos.

I only had time for a short segment of chain. It shredded pretty fast, about 3 minutes to become difficult to even see the white tape. I doubt it offers much in the way of lubrication advantages either.

Bret Cahill