Old September 22nd 19, 01:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Time that all vehicles have number plates and insurance

On 21/09/2019 20:12, Simon Jester wrote:
On Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 7:06:45 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 21/09/2019 17:24, Simon Jester wrote:
On Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 12:09:37 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 21/09/2019 02:10, Simon Jester wrote:

On Saturday, September 21, 2019 at 1:31:45 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

You snipped my reasonable question:

"... Are "jester" and "fool" not synonyms, then?".

Are they?
Do some research [1] and report back.

[1] You will need to go back before time immemorial.

You never could get into Shakespeare (for instance), could you?

I have read Shakespeare and Dickens, yawn.

Did you leave out King lear?

Your favoured authors preffered to write about golliwogs and goblins, I
expect.

I had a Golliwog instead of a Teddy Bear as a child but I preferred sci-fi until Terry Pratchett and David Eddings put pen to parchment.

How's the report on Jester vs Fool coming? I look forward to reading it.

Try the Dramatis Personae of the play referred to above.

Why should I?
You are the one who needs to provide evidence for the etymology of Fool and Jester.

Not at all. You haven't understood.

Another poster pointed out (correctly) that "fool" and "jester" are
synonyms. And they are.

You said they aren't. But you were wrong. It is up to you to show how
and why (that is, if) the other poster was wrong in remarking that the
words are synonymous.

Good luck with that.

https://www.avg.com