Old December 12th 19, 11:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Kid's next bike after 20"?

On 12/12/2019 5:35 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, December 12, 2019 at 1:20:21 PM UTC-8, sms wrote:
On 12/11/2019 3:15 PM, jbeattie wrote:

snip

Bad news, Tom. Portland is not on the coast. The girls were about 80 miles short of crossing the entire continent. They'll have to start over.

While they didn't cross the entire continent, perhaps they dipped their
wheels into the Columbia River. Close enough. Or perhaps they really did
ride all the way to the Pacific.

Tom says they started in Astoria, which is still not on the coast...

He actually said Portland.

We finished in a state park a few miles west of Astoria, dragging or
carrying our bikes over the sand to dip the front wheels.

--
- Frank Krygowski