Old February 22nd 20, 03:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Cyclist calls for dirty littering drivers to be caught

On 22/02/2020 13:56, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, February 21, 2020 at 5:41:55 PM UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
"A cyclist has said that "more needs to be done" to stop fly-tippers after lorry parts were dumped in a country lane.

Yesterday morning (Thursday, February 20) Little Green Lane in Croxley Green was blocked off after fly-tippers left what appeared to be a lorry cab in the middle of the road, leaving people unable to pass.

It is not the first-time fly-tippers have dumped rubbish in Little Green Lane – last week a broken-up bed and mattress was dumped on the road. The cyclist, who did not want to be named, said the road is very popular with dog walkers and cyclists.

He said: “No one could use the road, you could not get past the front of that lorry with all the rubbish there.

“I use it most days and I know that this mess would have disrupted people.

“More should be done to discourage fly-tippers from dumping their rubbish on picturesque land and it needs to be stopped."

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/ne...croxley-green/

I have done my bit - I just reported a driver for dumping an old sofa out of a van to NLCC. He thought that there was nobody around. :-)

Some might say he was right.

I couldn't possibly comment.