Old January 9th 19, 04:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default 90 year old doper caught

On 1/8/2019 9:31 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/8/2019 9:05 PM, jbeattie wrote:
In fact, I raced with Lance Armstrong. Well, O.K., I raced
on the same street at a different time as Lance Armstrong
-- I was masters and he was Pro/1/2 back in the Montgomery
Subaru days. But I still felt like we were close, and I
got to know him enough to see that he was sensitive and
caring young man.

My best was riding with Lon Haldeman during one of the early
Race Across AMerica (RAAM) sleep deprivation contests. The
route went not too far from a town I was visiting in central
Pennsylvania (so it was toward the end of the race), and I
went to considerable trouble to ride to the route and ride
along with him for just a little while.

I remember saying only "You're looking good, Lon!" Which was
a blatant lie. He looked like death warmed over. As I
recall, he was riding at about 12 mph.

I showed up for an annual club century one autumn morning
when Mr & Mrs Lon rode up. They had left Harvard IL a few
hours earlier, rode our century and then rode home after.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/