Old July 16th 18, 04:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default 29er "pedals easier"

On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 13:34:23 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

But in typical riding conditions, a big fat 700x54 rolls
over depressions, rocks, debris, zombie bodies etc much
better than, say, a skateboard wheel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdwROHgPask

Ever notice that none of the numerous disaster movies show people
escaping on bicycles? The crowds are always running away from the
chaos either on foot or in various vehicles that eventually are
stomped flat by the monster or zapped by an alien flying machine.
Also, no motorcycles (except in "Meteor" and "Deep Impact"). I guess
the zombies know what they're doing by first destroying all the
bicycles.

"Bug Out Bike - Apocalypse Bicycle"
http://www.instructables.com/id/Bug-Out-Bike-Apocalypse-Bicycle/
I like the paint job. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any advice
suggesting that a 29" wheel was in any way superior to smaller wheels
for attacking or rolling over zombies. I suspect that the added
weight of the survivalist junk might ruin any benefits gained by a few
mm larger diameter tire. According to the movies, dead zombies will
bleed profusely, which will be too slippery to traverse on slick
tires. Instead, I recommend tires with some tread.

Or, just build your own 29" zombie crusher from plans:
http://www.atomiczombie.com

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D