Old June 12th 19, 02:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

Default Feeling strong

On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 11:38:10 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

I've had more trouble with "false flats." I remember a hard, hot day on
one solo bike tour. I stopped in the shade and chatted with a homeowner,
telling him "I may be getting too old for this."

He said "Well, do you realize you've been gaining elevation for 20 miles?"

I had the opposite experience once. I coasted for miles, all the time
thinking that I'd hate that stretch of road on the way home. But on
the way back, I hardly noticed the climb. The slope had been exactly
steep enough to overcome wind resistance. (Probably helped that I'd
slept twice before returning.)

Then there was the time I got lost on the way home from Altamont
because my turn was at the top of an exhausting climb -- and I'd been
up New Salem Hill a few times since I'd last been to Altamont.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net