Old June 11th 10, 09:49 PM posted to cam.transport,uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

Default Cyclist injured after collision with car in city cycle lane

Squashme wrote:
On 11 June, 21:02, JNugent wrote:
Squashme wrote:
On 11 June, 18:38, "The Medway Handyman" davidl...@no-spam-
blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
Squashme wrote:

What a good thing that cars have colours or they would be
untraceable like cyclists. Woman in a red car, who left the scene
of the accident - easy to find her.
Cyclist too thick to remember a 7 string of numbers & letters.

Doh!

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike is a kid's
toy, not a viable form of transport.

Just imagine yourself as a cyclist (yes I know that you 'grew' out
of it, but suspend disbelief). You are cycling along when some
motorist, too thick to look in her mirror, opens her door and
clangs you. You pick yourself up, number your parts, and stand
there holding your fractured wrist. Meanwhile the motorist
cheerfully drives away, leaving you uncertain what your name is
(Medley Hamburger, Muddy HoochyCoochyMan, Motley Humdinger, Mostly
Halftimer, Mosley Hewastheman?), let alone what was on their
numberplate.

Just imagine how much less informed you could possibly be if the
vehicle receding into the distance was a bicycle.

1. I'd remember a bicycle with doors on. Easily.

2. A bicycle involved in a collision might well not be able to get
away, especially with doors on.

OK, we all know that what you describe happens, but at least the reg
mark is displayed.

Yes, it's certainly put an end to hit and run.

Which bit of 'vast majority' is too complicated for you?