Old January 3rd 05, 07:31 PM
Paul Kopit

On 2 Jan 2005 16:34:39 -0800, wrote:

The hardest part for me is getting the patch centered. I've
developed a method to do that, but it takes too long. And yes I use
talcum powder, despite highly regarded advice to the contrary.

After putting the wet glue on, pump the tire and a white mark will
appear where the air is coming out.

Put the tip of a toothpick into the hole through the sanding, gluing
and drying. Remove the tip as you put the patch on.

I think that talcum powder is traditional more than functional. Most
people use use baby powder instead of talcum. The fragrance contains
oil and makes it more difficult to get a good surface to put glue on
when needed.