Old January 4th 05, 03:21 AM
Tom Sherman

Kenny wrote:

I've heard that you can make patches out of old inner tubes. I've been
waiting for my first box of patches to be used up before trying this
option. I use a pair of scissors and cut the patch in half before
patching the tube on my road bike.

"Patches can be made from tube material but this must be done carefully
following the same procedure as preparing the tube. However, butyl tube
material, unlike commercial patches, is impervious to rubber cement
solvents and will not cure if the glue on the tube and patch is not
completely dry. This presents a substantial problem." - Jobst Brandt [1]

[1] http://www.sheldonbrown.com/brandt/patching.html.

--
Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island