Old September 5th 03, 05:01 AM
RWM

Default what's a good cheap pump?

"John Everett" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 03:06:38 -0500, "tsp" wrote:

it doesnt have to be portable at all... a standing home pump would be

fine
my tires are rec at 56psi.. so something that can handle 80-90 would be

good
built-in gauge would be nice, but NOT necessary

with those requirements, what is the cheapest/best value pump that i can
get?

If you live near a Performance shop I'd recommend the Performance
Hurricane. If you don't live near one avoid the Hurricane like the
plague. Since my nearest LBS is a Performance shop I find the
Hurricane, currently listed at $14.99, a fine investment. Taking
advantage of Performance's no-questions-asked return policy I'm
enjoying my new Hurricane which I got on exchange about a month ago.
It's my fifth or sixth; I've sort of lost track. They keep breaking;
Performance keeps replacing them. We've been doing this little dance
for about five years now! :-)

jeverett3ATearthlinkDOTnet http://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3

Silly me! I thought that I was the only person doing the Hurricane Shuffle.
Somehow it got great reviews five or six years ago in some bike publication.
It seems to brake every nine months.