Old October 22nd 20, 06:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Handlebar bags

On Thursday, 22 October 2020 12:25:10 UTC-4, Lou Holtman wrote:
Op donderdag 22 oktober 2020 om 17:28:04 UTC+2 schreef Frank Krygowski:
Handlebar bags: Some of us like them.

For some reasons, see "My PBP Bike: Rack and Bag" at
https://www.renehersecycles.com/journal/

--
- Frank Krygowski

I'm not convinced what is claimed.

Lou

I fail to see how a non-aero handlebar bag that goes from the top of the front wheel to the handlebar can be described as acting like a fairing. I think that it'd create drag not reduce it.

He also says that handling is better with a handlebar bag than it'd be with the same size bag behind or attached to the saddle. I disagree with that too based on my experiences.

Cheers