Old December 19th 13, 10:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

Default Slap on the wrist for pavement cyclist that mowed down pedestrian

On 19/12/2013 10:16, Mrcheerful wrote:
On 19/12/2013 10:04, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:
On 14/12/2013 16:07, Mrcheerful wrote:
A CYCLIST who smashed into a woman on the pavement, causing
life-threatening head injuries, has avoided jail.

Jason Hurrell, 23, of Mansell Close, Leigh, was sentenced to four months
in jail, suspended for eighteen months, on Friday after crashing into
Olivia George on the pavement of Marine Parade, Southend.

Miss George had to undergo several operations and spent several weeks in
hospital after the crash, which happened earlier this year

I hope his fridge freezer insurance was up to date, she deserves plenty
of compo.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/1087... nt/?ref=var_0

Avoided jail, just like most motorists do when causing similar injuries.

can you point to a similar case? a case where a driver has driven at
speed along a pavement and run someone down, causing severe injuries.

Did I say, "just like motorists do when driving down the pavement"?
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that I said, "just like most
motorists do when causing similar injuries".