Old October 13th 18, 11:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Kuma Bicycle Company

On Friday, October 12, 2018 at 5:58:27 PM UTC-7, wrote:
You're the builder?
Why did you spell out 'ku ma' in kana rather than using the
kanji?

https://www.stockkanji.com/images/wo...eri-takase.gif

I am new at this posting in the group. Been a lurker but not much of a poster.

About the spelling. I am not an expert in Japanese. I love the culture, and we named the company after our dog, Kuma - and a Japanese friend of mine said: Kuma? Like a bear? I said, yes! Because he's black and has a white spot on his chest. So then she wrote it in Japanese on a piece of paper for me.

Yes, I am the builder.

Don't text and walk on the Dearborn bike lane in Chicago. https://youtu.be/UBzjzx8gk_Q

Don't worry, it won't be long before someone that can't tighten a headset tells you that you don't know what you're doing.