Old June 20th 19, 05:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Can an old school Shimano inner chainring be flipped 2 use as anouter ring?

I'm building up a road bike for a person who is not a strong rider and who finds a 50 teeth chainring to be too much for them. Can an Old School Shimano inner chainring be flipped and used as an outer chainring? I have a mint 45 or 46 teeth inner ring that'd be ideal for this person as an outer ring.. The BCD is he same as on the old Shimano 600 Arabesque, and similar cranksets.

Thanks and cheers