Old April 7th 19, 11:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default IQ-X vs Edelux II

On Friday, April 5, 2019 at 2:38:55 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Friday, April 5, 2019 at 2:21:39 PM UTC+2, Tosspot wrote:
Let the games begin!!!

I ride the IQ-X as it was cheaper by a fair mark than the Edelux, and
it's by far and away the best of many dynamo lights I've used, if
eye-wateringly expensive.

Any Edelux users out there? Anybody tried both?

I have a Edelux II on both my winter evening bikes. Very good light, I 'upgraded' both with the new coax connector this winter. Much easier wheel removal. I didn't try both, I buy just the best light at that moment. I don't like plastic housings. My survived a crash last winter.

Lou

You could try the small gold-plated silver or even solid gold connectors that some audiophiles swear by. I have some, but I prefer silver and then gold plated tellurium copper, pretty standard but made with punctilio. Gold over, say, nickel and silver layers on copper, might even let through a fraction of an amp more than standard coax which are usually designed for the mass consumer or military markets, none of which are into the highest current transfer efficiency.

Andre Jute
Skkkkeptic!