Old May 14th 05, 01:54 PM
1oki

"Joe Canuck" wrote in message

I remember thinking, gee, going for a bike ride on fri the 13... but
of course that's just SILLY. And the weather has been so sh*tty
lately and it finally wasn't raining today and as usual, it's going to
rain this weekend.

[...]
Despite the weather being decent, I decided against it...

-I was having a hard time staying awake in the early afternoon, so I was
already tired and not fully alert.
-It was Friday the 13th.
-And being a Friday, the traffic would be heavier than usual.

I decided this was a bad combination, more based on the fact I was tired
than anything else and not really ready to face city traffic.

My Friday the 13th ride yesterday was shortened by that rain Ms. Blanshay
is expecting. [I'm west of her in Ontario.] It was a cold drizzly wind
driven rain and Env Canada even called for a severe thunderstorm warning
later on that night. It wasn't that bas at all though. A little bit of
thunder and lightening but not severe at all.

I've got no problems with Friday the 13th though. In fact I'm the type who
would make a point of tempting superstition.

--
'Bruised and sullen stormclouds
Have the light of day obscured.