Old May 14th 05, 05:22 PM

On Sat, 14 May 2005 08:03:55 -0400, Joe Canuck

" Anyways, I fell on the fleshiest part of my butt cheek, which is now
covered with garden variety road rash, which will turn into a hug
bruise of course, and a big lump on my right shin. I was wearing
knickers and long sleeves because it was cool, so no skin loss. One
of my shifters is a bit crooked, no big deal.

I got through the hairiest intersections,missed all the big potholes-
I crash two blocks from home. Sigh... it was just so STOOPID! ! I
knew I shouldn't have gone for a ride on friday the 13. Or I should
have taken some lucky charm with me!

I had planned on going for a ride yesterday afternoon which would have
taken me on a mix of city streets and bike paths.

Despite the weather being decent, I decided against it...

-I was having a hard time staying awake in the early afternoon, so I was
already tired and not fully alert.
-It was Friday the 13th.
-And being a Friday, the traffic would be heavier than usual.

I decided this was a bad combination, more based on the fact I was tired
than anything else and not really ready to face city traffic.

Good thinking especially if you're tired. Friday traffic is always
hairy. If i ride at this time on fridays there are certain
intersections i simply avoid, they are just too dangerous. It's going
to be even worse next week with a long weekend!