Old November 13th 08, 06:41 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

Default I am convinced bicycling is not safe

OK, I just found a Republican who rides a bike for practical purposes.
"Rara avis" indeed, but well he's bruised but alive to tell his
story...

Originally Posted by cujet
I am convinced bicycling is not safe. I have been riding for years,
mostly to work and for fun. A recent accident broke my left arm into 7
pieces. Surgery put it back together. However, I now have a non union
of the bone in 2 places. I'm 45 years old and bones don't heal as well
at this age. It looks like I will be held together by screws and a
plate. I may never be able to put any load on my left arm.

Accident statistics on bicycling are horrific per mile traveled. In my
case, I achieved a lifetime of about 15,000 miles before a serious
acccident.

Sorry, but bicycling is not the answer, or even part of the answer.

AND, there is no way in he!! I am going to save energy for Obama. I do
it for me.

Chris

***

See, you just seem to deny my theory that Republicans don't care
enough about anything to ride a bike for practical purposes. But since
you say biking is so dangerous, and neither the Republican Party nor
the Democratic Party is the solution, who's the solution?

Either God or the Revolution, right?