Old December 19th 20, 04:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Ride Report

On Fri, 18 Dec 2020 17:08:19 -0000 (UTC), mac
wrote:

What do you do a out road salt corrosion?

In the late twentieth century, I would lean my bike against the
garage, take my bottles inside, and fill them with hot water. I'd
take the first squirt from each bottle under the fenders. It usually
didn't take more than two trips to get the salt off. Then I would
take the bike into the house and park it on a washable scatter rug we
kept in the back entry for that purpose.

Nowadays, I park in the garage, and never come home with icicles
hanging from my fenders.

I wonder whether I could still survive being overtaken on a dry salted
road? The cloud of powdered salt was bad enough when I was young.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net