Old June 9th 16, 05:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default Mountain Biking Is Inappropriate In Wilderness

"news16" wrote in message ...

On Thu, 09 Jun 2016 04:51:09 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:

They can enjoy it by walking since that way there is no interference
with anyone else also enjoying the environment. Elementary, my Dear
Watson!

Nope, I'm impacted by those walkers who never stray far from their motor

vehicles, so a bicycle allows me to get beyond those people.

That would not have been true 30 or 40 years ago when I think long hikes were much more popular than they are today. Even so, you are transgressing what was originally intended for use only by equestrians and hikers.

Mountain bikers have criminal minds which is why the only way to get at them is by force of law. A little enforcement with suitable penalties would soon bring your transgressions to an end.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota