Old February 2nd 10, 04:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike Jacoubowsky

Default Red Light Cameras could be trouble for Bicyclists

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
Per Rick:

If the red light/radar detects the spokes at the top of the wheel
instead of the bike itself, I will get at ticket for travelign 40 mph
wihile I'm only traveling 20 mph.

I see a potential problem for bicycle riders in Cedar Rapids.

As long at the bike does not have a license plate, it seems like
they would be hard-pressed to ID you... or are we talking a cop
manning the camera on the spot with a chase car?
--
PeteCresswell

If you can go from zero to 40mph on your bike in the space of half a
wheel revolution, what cop could catch you?

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com