Old September 22nd 11, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

Default Another OAP mown down by a cyclist on the pavement

On Sep 22, 8:53*am, JNugent wrote:
* On 22/09/2011 08:27, Mrcheerful wrote:

Broken pelvis, which effectively means the end of her active life, and often
leads to death.
The cyclist slunk off without giving his details.
http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/new...cyclist_breaks...

Incidentally, the article is followed by the now-usual avalanche of reader
comment, including a few from people who (unbelievably) support the cyclist
criminal and object to the story even having been published (presumably in
case it adds to the pressure for this nasty crime to be properly prioritised
by the police and the courts).

This, for instance:

QUOTE:

Can the journalist who posted this article put their name against it please.
This has been placed on here for inflammatory purposes and to open the
floodgates.
YES - the ACCIDENT was wrong and the person on the bike was riding illegally.
I feel sorry for the lady in question and I hope you make a speedy recovery.
However - is the ECHO going to start posting on every accident that happens
within the area? That will surely fill the pages.
This type of shoddy journalism will only allow all the bigots to tar all...
ENDQUOTE

You couldn't make it up, could you?

"Bigots tar[ring] all" apparently means calling for cyclists to be
responsible citizens, make a bit of a start on obeying the law and stop
threatening the lives of pedestrians, particularly the more vulnerable of us.

Fat chance.

I'm not going to accuse you of early imbibing. I think that you tied
one on last night, and now you are regretting it a bit. I don't
believe in the hair of the dog, but walking it might help.