Old June 23rd 19, 03:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Steel is Real and Carbon is Lighter

On 6/23/2019 4:39 AM, wrote:
On Sunday, June 23, 2019 at 11:04:11 AM UTC+2, sms wrote:
On 6/22/2019 8:10 PM, jbeattie wrote:

snip

All my CF bikes have lifetime warranties, including an exceptionally light Emonda SLR.

It would be a mistake to judge the durability of a frame (of any
material), or any product for that matter, based on the presence of a
lifetime warranty. Even Harbor Freight has a lifetime warranty on its
hand tools.

Sold my first CF bike (Scott CR1) to a friend a couple of years ago. Bike is almost 12 years old now and it looks like new despite ridden hard and under all circumstances.

Unfortunately, one "for example," is not proof of anything.

https://www.outsideonline.com/2311816/carbon-fiber-bike-accidents-lawsuits