Old August 10th 04, 01:00 AM
Eric Gunnerson

Default Just switched from MTB to Road bike

Because of time constraints, I can only afford an hour (ie 15 miles)
Mon-Wed-Fri. That gives me 45 miles a week, and then my weekend rides have
gone from 30 all the way up to 70 miles the week before the ride. Being able
to ride for 4+ hours will give you a good handle on how much you should eat
and hydrate for the ride, and put you in good shape for a century.

--
Eric Gunnerson

Visit the C# product team at http://www.csharp.net
Eric's blog is at http://weblogs.asp.net/ericgu/

wrote in message
Hi,

I have been following this group for several weeks and have learned a lot.

have been riding a MTB for many years for exercise and just bought a Trek
1200 to spice up my riding experience. It worked.

I am 50 years old and with my new bike am interested in setting a goal. I
have decided to attempt a century ride in late October. I had been riding
30-50 miles per week on the MTB. That has increased to 75 miles per week
since acquiring the new road bike. My questions a Does anybody have

any
advice on how to train for this goal? and... What is a SAG in an organized
ride?

Thanks in advance
Jay