Old May 7th 04, 09:04 AM
Zoot Katz

Default funny things to do on a bike

Thu, 06 May 2004 23:22:32 -0400, ,
"Eric S. Sande" wrote:

Forsooth, this is truth. The sins of the POBs are /not/ visited
upon the cyclists.

We're all dogs of the same stripe, and it ain't the gutter, Tom.

Historically, in North America anyway, cyclists have long been the
butt of many jokes. We've been considered eccentric daredevils from
the start. Cycling was socially acceptable among the monied
trend-setters only during the very brief period when bicycles were
cutting edge technology.

As Jon used to say, and I paraphrase, "We're the lucky ones."

We wanted to fly and then reshaped the world when we did.
We're the chosen ones! Bikes rule.

"We ought to be gracious to the misguided, generous to those in
trouble, and forgiving to those at fault."

I think he used to also quote Murphy: "Do not ascribe to maliciousness
what can be ascribed to incompetence, ignorance, and insensibility."

Unfortunately, I am not as nice as Jon.

Unfortunate for whom?
--
zk