Old May 15th 07, 12:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ozark Bicycle

Default Time to eat my words!

On May 15, 3:08 am, "* * Chas" wrote:
wrote in message

Previously, I've expressed a certain skepticism about another RBT
poster's occasional observations about big black SUV's.

Here's an utterly devastating reply to my mistaken disbelief:

http://i1.tinypic.com/505ukc2.jpg

Yikes! Such SUV's may be useful somewhere, but a Colorado rancher once
told me that trucks with tires like that end up floating downstream
instead of getting across the creek.

I'm unfamiliar with the ride-single-file bicycle sign. It claims to be
an official California Vehicle Code sign, but it may not even be real:
"The real signs always list the CVC number of the cited code."

The tall yellow bicycle frame and matching pump, plus the down-tube
shifters, should make it clear who sent me the picture, which was
"taken last week on Cliff drive a bit north of Capitola CA (Santa
Cruz)."

But in case the photographer's identity is stil unclear, the subject
line of the email with the picture was "Drive truck!"

No more squabbling from me about big black SUV's--you can roll a
bicycle with a normal-size frame under that thing!

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

That looks like Jobst' bike...

Yep, you can spot those 300,000 mi. spokes in any picture!

Also, that looks like a 'hot air' pump. ;-)