Old December 14th 15, 04:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Fuel: some assembly required.

On Sat, 07 Nov 2015 23:24:00 -0400, Joy Beeson
wrote:

While taking a recreational tour of Meijer after lunching at Panda
Express on my way home from Goodwill, I found a display of
single-serve envelopes of almond butter, bought one, and added it to
my emergency snacks. Which was rather silly, as it's useless without
bread or crackers.

I finally got around to eating the almond butter, and it turned out
that it would have been a poor choice for packing in a lunch: I
required a smooth, flat table and a plastic table knife to squeeze the
last tablespoon out of the envelope.

I wonder what metric people would say? Cubic centimeter and
milliliter are too small, and deciliter is too big; if I haven't
misremembered somewhere, a deciliter would be about two-fifths of a
cup, and the whole 326-gram (1.15 oz.) envelope was only a tad more
than an eighth of a cup, assuming that almond butter isn't a whole
bunch less dense than water.

Calculating: a cc is a microstere, a liter is a millistere ...
dekamike? (I once wrote a story in which the vernacular term for cc
was "mike".) (Perhaps liter would have been "milly", but nobody had
occasion to say it, so we will never know.)

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net