Old December 2nd 19, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Default Fundraiser launched for cyclist who was pushed from his bike into parked cars

JNugent wrote:
On 01/12/2019 21:15, Simon Mason wrote:

QUOTE:
A cyclist was left needing surgery to pin a broken arm when pushed
from his bike into parked cars. Luke Hardman, who rides for Chateau
Impney Cycling Team, was riding
his bike in Birmingham on Thursday (November 21) at around 7pm when
he was shoved into two parked cars Mr Hardman, who works in Cycle
Republic in Birmingham city centre,
suffered a broken arm in three places in the incident and will need
surgery to pin the fractures. A fundraising campaign has been launched
by fellow cyclist Michael
Walker, who hopes to raise enough for a new bike for Mr Hardman
after his was broken in the crash. Mr Walker said: "I'm in shock that
there are people out there who
would do this for a 'laugh.' "The consequences of their actions have had
far reaching impact on
many people, especially Luke. "I've created this GoFundMe to start the
process of getting Luke a
new bike. For any avid cyclist, you spend hours saving and upgrading
bikes to race or travel and then to lose it in an instance is
shocking." Mr Hardman was riding home in Stonehouse Lane, Bartley Green
when he
was pushed form his bike. There have been a number of recent shocking
cases of cyclists being
pushed from their bikes in unprovoked attacks, including moped gangs
that have filmed themselves doing it. In September, A cyclist was left
with a fracture after he was shoved
from his bike by a masked motorbike passenger during a club ride. Andrew
Marsden, 67, needed nine stitches when he was thrown from his
bike and left lying in the road. A statement from Chateua Impney
Cycling Team said: "We are appealing
for information, from CCTV, dashcam footage, or any witnesses in the
area, if you have any information please come forward. "We are desperate
to catch these scumbags so this doesn't happen to
anyone else and maybe we can get some justice for Luke. Read more at
https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/l...JyGWQWCeJDM.99

Is there something we aren't being told in that report?

Fundraising, **** myself laughing.
If my car is damaged I have this strange thing to cyclists. It is called
insurance. Few pikey scum cyclists are insured as the dole won't pay for it.