Old September 11th 20, 10:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark J.

Default Is anybody watching the TDF?

On 9/11/2020 2:03 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, September 11, 2020 at 12:48:34 PM UTC-7, William Crowell wrote:
I suppose we should be thanking our lucky stars that at least the riders aren't giving us clenched fists and taking a knee before each stage.

That would be more noble than protesting over drug testing, and personally, I fast forward through the stage starts and the podium appearances. They can sing Kumbaya or Deutschland über Alles for all I care. However, I would tune in for "O Canada." Now that's an anthem.

-- Jay Beattie.

More goes on in the 20 minutes after the "real" start (not the "neutral"
start) than goes on in the next 2 hours, it seems to me. Most of it
comes to naught, but then most breaks come to naught also.

I tend to FF through the middle of stages, jumping to the KOM and sprint
points, then focus on the last 20k or so. Lots of stuff went on today
in the last 20-30k. I actually woke up from a doze to watch it.

Mark J.