Old September 4th 03, 04:00 PM
Chris Crawford

Default carbon fiber repair/ epoxy question

Hi All - I have a CF hardshell bucket seat for a recumbent bicycle. On
the back of the seat are 2 2" ribs running up and down for support. One
of these ribs hit something sharp which left a spidery, crooked, 2" long
crack across it (horizontal).

I'd like to repair this and am looking for advice from an expert. I'm
currently considering using 2" or 3" CF "tape" and SystemThree T-88 epoxy
and layering it up with 3 layers, one slightly larger than the other.
Does this sound like it will work?

Also while we're on the topic: I'm interested in epoxy bonding some .75"
OD x .049 wall Al tubing that has been mitered together for a light load
bearing application. Should I be using a filler with the epoxy and if
so, what kind?

Thanks in advance,
Chris