Old June 10th 17, 08:12 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

Default PASTY-FACED LIMEYS GET WHAT THEY DESERVE

On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 19:39:49 +0100, rbowman wrote:

My car will go 120mph and get me across the country in a matter of
hours. How fast will your bicycle go?

how fast will your 120 mph chariot get you across London or some other
large city? When I lived in Boston (ours) a bike was faster than a car
or public transportation. For that matter, walking was faster than the
subway in the off hours.

I avoid built up areas, I have no idea why people want to live there.

And the London Underground gets you anywhere you want very quickly indeed. You wait no more than 2 minutes and a train appears, then takes you to any part of London very quickly indeed.

--
I got the strangest recording when I called the phone company the other day.
It said, "You have been connected to the correct department on the first try. This is against company policy. Please hang up and redial."