Old June 11th 17, 01:14 AM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
rbowman[_2_]

Default PASTY-FACED LIMEYS GET WHAT THEY DESERVE

What is a "fog line"?

It's a solid white line on the outside of the travel lane that marks the
edge of the lane. Historically it's to help you see the lane in foggy
conditions. It has no legal standing. You can be stopped for crossing
the center line but several court cases have determined drifting over
the fog line is not probable cause for a DUI stop.

In many cases there is a foot or more of pavement on the far side of the
line. On the road I was referring to the line is directly on the edge of
the pavement with nothing but a ditch off the pavement so a bicyclist
has no option but to be in the travel lane even if your wheels are
directly on the white line. Most people are good about giving you room
but in a land of dual wheeled pickups and horse trailers I get nervous.