Old October 7th 18, 06:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Charging di2 batteries with dc power source

On Tue, 2 Oct 2018 21:06:13 -0700 (PDT), ixiz
wrote:

Is it possible to charge an internal Di2 battery using a etube spliced
to a dc battery charger with the correct dc voltage. Like to have a
charged internal battery in the toolbox when I need it.

Perhaps it would be better to check the battery charge level before
charging? To the best of my limited knowledge, most systems have this
featu
"Check Di2 Battery Status (Updated)"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yJxaNRLXi8
To check the battery status, simultaneously hold down the
two right hand shifter buttons for a couple of seconds
and the top LED under the battery symbol will illuminate.
A solid green light indicates a full charge. A flashing
green light indicates roughly 50%, a solid red light
indicates roughly 25% and a flashing red light means the
battery is pretty much empty.

I'm not sure what an "etube spliced to a DC battery charger" might be,
but I suspect it's NOT the correct way to charge a LiIon battery. The
Di2 looks like 7.4V at 500 ma-hrs. I use an RC model airplane charger
for most everything:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/imax-b6-50w-5a-charger-discharger-1-6-cells-genuine.html
I hesitate to recommend one of the smaller and cheaper chargers that
cannot be programmed for the specific battery configuration.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D